International migration to Canada reached record levels in second quarter of 2018
Canada’s population grew by 168,687 in the second quarter of 2018, of which 82 per cent, or 138,978, was attributed to international migration.
Express Entry: How Canada’s main economic immigration system has evolved over 100 draws
- It has now issued more than 213,000 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence over the course of 100 draws, a milestone that it reached this week.
- IRCC says 80 percent of applications are processed in six months or less.
- Canada has a target of 81400 admissions for 2019 through the three economic immigration categories managed by Express Entry.
- That trend has continued in 2018 with minimum CRS scores for all-program draws ranging from a low of 440 to a high of 456. Of the 20 draws held so far in 2018, 14 have had CRS minimum scores between 440 and 444.
Top 5 occupations of ITA recipients (2015-2017)
|1||NOC 6311 – Food service supervisors||NOC 2171 – Information Systems Analysts and Consultants||NOC 2171 – Information systems analysts and consultants|
|2||NOC 6322 – Cooks||NOC 2173 – Software Engineers||NOC 2173 – Software engineers|
|3||NOC 2171 – Information Systems Analysts and Consultants||NOC 2174 – Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers||NOC 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers|
|4||NOC 2173 – Software Engineers||NOC 6322 – Cooks||NOC 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants|
|5||NOC 2174 – Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers||NOC 6311 – Food Service Supervisors;||NOC 1241 – Administrative assistants|
a) Express Entry-linked PNPs offer hope
- PEI’s Express Entry Stream – No job offer and no connection to the province – invitation to apply for a provincial nomination.
- Nova Scotia’s Labour Market Priorities Stream – specified work experience in areas where local labour shortages have been identified. The stream’s first invitations were issued August 8 to Express Entry candidates with eligible work experience as early childhood educators and assistants.
- The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) says its new Express Entry Stream targets candidates who have strong ties to Alberta and who can support the province’s “economic development and diversification priorities.”
- 3)Canada Visa News Briefs | September 24 to September 26, 2018
BC PNP prioritizes tech candidates in latest invitation round
|Issued 28 invitations to apply on September 26 under tech pilot program|
Ontario invites 16 entrepreneurs to apply
|Issued 16 invitations to entrepreneurs under entrepreneur program|
Saskatchewan issues 71 invitations to entrepreneurs
|71 new invitations to entrepreneurs under entrepreneur program|