ALL ABOUT GETTING AN CANADIAN VISITOR VISA FROM INDIA
Many Indians want to procure a Canadian tourist Visa from India so as to visit Canada for leisure. In what follows we will discuss in-depth as to how to procure a Canadian Visitor Visa and the documents and procedures required in procuring them.
First of all, let us start by understanding what is a tourist or visitor visa.
A tourist visa is a kind of temporary visa that is granted for the sole purpose of leisure or tourism. This is a short term immigration option available for the visitor. For Canada, the maximum duration of a visitor visa is 6 months. A tourist visa and a visitor visa are the same things.
As far as the visitor visa is concerned it cannot be renewed when it has expired and then you will have to procure a new visitor visa again for a repeat visit.
THE TYPES OF VISITOR VISA FOR CANADA
Two types of Canadian Visitor Visas are available for visitor and tourists.
The first is a Single entry visa and the second is a multiple entry visa.
SINGLE ENTRY VISA
With this visa, the individual is allowed to travel to Canada only once. The visa expires the moment the individual leaves Canada and if he wants to revisit Canada then he will have to apply for the Visa once again. The only exception is if he is traveling to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon. If the visitor is travelling to these places then he can use his visitor’s visa again to get back into Canada. In this case, he will not need a new travel visa.
MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
This is a different kind of visa and with the help of this visa, the visitor can come and go from Canada multiple times without the need of getting a new visitor visa every time. The only catch is that the visitor cannot stay in Canada for 6 months in one go. What this implies is that the visitor has to visit his home country after a duration of 6 months.
This visa comes with a validity of 10 years or 1 month before the expiry of the passport whichever comes earlier.
REQUIREMENTS AND NEEDFULLS FOR A CANADIAN TOURIST VISA
These are the basic requirements and the documents required for a Canadian visitor visa which need to be complied with and fulfilled for applying for a Canadian visitor visa:
- All travel documents such as passport should be available with the visitor
- A medical certificate is required which states that the traveler is in good health. A medical test needs to be conducted for this
- The traveler should have no criminal record and should hold a positive reputation and have high moral character. He should also belong to a reputed family.
- The individual traveling should be in a position to convince and prove to the Visa Officer that he has property, family, assets, and vocation in his home country which may act as a motivation for him to return back to his home country.
- Individual travelling should be able to convince the immigration officer that he will leave Canada within the expiry date of the visa and he can also do this by booking a return ticket from Canada to his home country.
- The individual travelling should have and should be able to show that he has enough funds to support himself in Canada. This amount is what will determine the duration of his stay in Canada.
- The traveler also has to reveal the place of his stay in Canada which can be with relatives, friends or in paid accommodation.
- The traveler has to convince the visa officer that he will not seek employment in Canada under his tourist visa
THESE ARE THE STEPS FOR APPLYING FOR A CANADA TOURIST OR VISITOR VISA
The complete Visa application procedure is as follows for the Canada visit visa requirements:
- STEP 1- APPLYING FOR THE VISA
You can apply online and you shall need a credit card, a scanner or a camera to create electronic copies of all your documents and then upload them to the website.
You can also apply on paper by downloading the application form for your visa with the relevant checklist of documents required.
- STEP 2- FILLING THE VISA APPLICATION FORM
You will need to read all the instructions carefully and fill up the application form. Also, the complete application must include the barcode page. Your application can be rejected if you do not provide all the information, fees and documents requested.
- STEP 3- PAYING THE PROCESSING FEE
You will need to pay the relevant processing fee for the visa. It can be paid via Demand Draft or by a certified cheque.
- STEP 4- YOU NEED TO VISIT THE LOCAL CANADA VISA APPLICATION CENTER
You will need to carry with you your photographs, passport, all completed forms and all supporting documents which are requested and also you will need to carry a demand draft or cheque for making the payment and completing the procedure.
- STEP 5- YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM
You will have to submit your completed and filled application form and pay the due fee and service charges. Then you will receive a receipt. It is on this receipt that you will have your unique tracking number which will help you track the progress of your application online. Also, you will have to give your biometrics.
- STEP 6- TRACKING YOUR APPLICATION
With the tracking unique id, you can track your application online and get to know the status of your application and approval.
Thus by following these simple steps and adhering to the rules and guidelines you can easily get a Canadian visitor visa and you can then visit Canada. It is important that you keep all your documents ready and within arm’s length so that you can produce them whenever required.
Canada is one of the most beautiful and best-developed countries in the world and by getting a Canadian Visa you can enjoy your trip and also enjoy the country.